Wednesday, 3 July 2013

'Dish of the month' July - Nigel Slaters Pistachio and Lemon Cookies

When it came to making this months recipe from Kitchen Diaries II it was an easy choice...I have had my eye on this recipe since I got the book..its headed 'Just one more...' and it is sort of hidden away inside the sleeve of the book...on one side is a very fetching picture of the lovely Nigel Slater and behind is this recipe for Pistachio and Lemon cookies...

These cookies (made of eggs whites, sugar, ground pistachios and almonds with added lemon zest) are very easy to make, they take minutes to put together and about 13 minutes to bake...reminded me of a macaron in texture and flavour but so so good.

Last month was another quiet month in the challenge but we still had six very delightful entries, you can refresh your memory here, or you can see a pictorial version of where we are since we started in January on Pinterest here, and there have been some brilliant interpretations of Nigel's recipes since we began.


If you'd like to join us in 'Dish of the Month' you'd be very welcome, this is how to get involved...
  • Make a 'Dish of the Month' from ANY recipe by Nigel Slater
  • Link back to THIS blog OR to 'Farmersgirl Kitchen' 
  • Use the Dish of the Month logo (below) in your post
  • If you use twitter, tweet your post with @Heavenona_Plate OR @Farmersgirlcook and #DishoftheMonth hashtag and we will re-tweet it to our followers AND post your pictures on our special Pinterest board. 
Rules:
  • If you own a copy of The Kitchen Diaries II please do not publish the recipes on your blog without permission, they are copyright.
  • If you are using any Nigel Slater recipes from the BBC Food website, please link to the recipe on BBC Food rather than publishing the recipe.  Likewise with any of Nigel's recipes on the Guardian website.
  • Only one entry per blog please.
  • Recipes must be added to the linky by the 28th of each month.
And remember to add your Dish of the Month to the linky below this post:

9 comments:

  1. what a lovely combo... I adore lemon on cookies it makes them so light and fresh and always smells amazing when baking... gorgeous piccies too... really want these now please x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also had my eye on this recipe since I treated myself to the book as a Christmas present!
    Now I feel compelled to make them, especially as yours look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great - I can think of a few people in my life who would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fantastic - just like the ones in the Middle Eastern bakery around the corner from me. Heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lemon and Pistachio sounds like a great, summery combo. I wonder, could you do a hazelnut and orange version in winter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite fancied trying rose and pistachio :-)

      Delete
  6. Oh wow Sue, those look like they could very well be my favourite biscuits. I adore macaroons and pistachio ones have surely got to be the best. Really like the green tint that comes through too, very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a good flavour combination. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look fab, a bit like the old kind of macaroons that we cooked on rice paper and had an almond on top rather than the modern coloured ones paired together! Yours look so delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...if you have tried one of my recipes I'd love feedback, and thank you for taking time to pop by to read my blog.

Susan x